My Blythe Book List

Here's my Blythe book list. I have imported them from Amazon Japan and I love them. They contain lots of Blythe and other dolls news and photo. Often, you may find some useful tutorial such as making doll outfit or shoes. These are books that I have read and highly recommended to all!
*Do note that they are available in Japanese language only;)*

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Customizing Blythe - Sand-Matting

Honey Bunny is preparing to go through a few 'facial surgery'.



As I dare not to remove her scalp, customizing Honey Bunny Blythe is limited to sand matte and changing her eyelashes. I do it without removing her face mold or eye balls.

Thanks to Puchi Collection Tutorials and a book that I purchased to customize blythe. I managed to achieve the basic customization.

To sand matte her, I need Norton 3x Sanding sponges as suggested in Puchi Collection Tutorials, but I could not find here in Singapore. Instead, I brought TAMIYA Finishing Abrasives P2000 to sand matte and a Sanding Sponge No. 500 from a 2 dollar shop (Daiso) here in Singapore to polish her.

I cut them into smaller pieces, test the sand matte result at the back of her head. Once I am satisfied with the result, than I try on her face. I sand matte in a circular motion. Initially you may see a bit of very fine scratches (not coarse scratches!), it is ok. I use the sponge to polish it. Those fine scratches will be gone. Than, I use a clean cotton cloth to polish her face again.


Here's Honey Bunny Blythe in sand-matte skin.

No comments:

Ratings